Sweet Mama! Kale Chips
Before I tried Kale chips I noticed that a few people were raving about just how good they tasted. Honestly, I had never really enjoyed crispy seaweed when eating at a Chinese restaurant and I thought that this would be the same thing. WRONG! This is such a quick easy ( by means of preparation, the dehydrating takes aaagggessss, but so worth it) recipe and by massaging the kale before you dehydrate insures that the sweetness of the Agave and slight tang of the lemon really sinks into the fibres. This was so good that my darling husband has banned anyone else from helping themselves to them
What you need
- 1-2 heads kale (Used curly kale)
- 2 ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ½ cup Agave nectar/Honey (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoon fresh organic lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Wash your kale thoroughly, de-stem (can leave the stems if desired) and tear into bite size chunks.
- Place into a big bowl and add salt and olive oil.
- Massage until kale starts to wilt (approximately 3 mins).
- Add lemon juice and Agave or honey and massage for a further 3 min, making sure that each morsel is coated.
- Place on a paraflexx dehydrator sheet and dehydrate on 105°F for 10 hours . Remove from parfalexx sheet and place on a mesh sheet and dehydrate for a further 2 hours, to get it that more crispy.
Snack on these when the urge hits and believe me when I say that you will be surprised at how quickly they vanish (suggest doubling recipe to stop the mutiny).